Monday, August 23, 2010

Gypsy baby quilt

I finished another layette quilt for my guild’s “10,000 inches” project. This quilt looks like it could have been made for a gypsy baby—it is wild and colorful! It is an Unfinished Object—a UFO in quilter parlance. In 2002 I made two small quilt tops in response to a guild challenge to use stripes. I finished one, but this one has been sitting in a box and in the back of my mind ever since. I am glad to finally complete it, and I hope it makes some mother and baby very happy. Maybe I will see it again someday, wrapped around a baby at the grocery store.

For the batting, I zig-zagged two small pieces together, and I also pieced the backing. I really like using up those odds and ends. I even used pink binding left over from another project. This quilt is 33 by 36 inches, for a perimeter total of 138 inches toward my guild’s goal.

Tomorrow I hope to have pictures of my current project—part 1 of the mystery quilt that appeared in the last issue of American Quilter magazine. I’ve spent a lot of time on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment