Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A baby quilt

My quilt guild makes baby quilts for layettes that are given to women who receive prenatal care through the county health department. I used the 36 leftover blocks from Genevieve’s Recovery Quilt to make a baby quilt, below. The color of this quilt is very different from Genevieve’s. The focus fabric is navy blue with pink flowers, and there is a bright blue print in these blocks, too. Once again, a simple shape, the triangle, makes a very pretty quilt.



This year my guild members are challenging themselves to sew 10,000 inches of baby quilts for our layette project (measured by the perimeter of the quilts). My quilt is 35 inches square, so I have contributed 140 inches toward the goal. I have a number of leftover blocks from various projects, and this is a great way to use them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment