Saturday, July 31, 2010


Yes! I finally finished the first quilt—based on the triangle shape—Genevieve’s Recovery Quilt. Making a label (below) and sewing it on marks the last step. I drew sunflowers, Genevieve's favorite flower, but they look more like daffodils. Oh well--flowers are pretty and the quilt is done. Hurray! She will actually get to keep the quilt after I show it at my quilt guild meeting next week, so I gave it an August 2010 date. I will also rinse the quilt in the washing machine, since I used quilt basting spray to help hold the layers together during quilting.

Three views of the finished quilt, below. On the porch ... on the floor ... and a close-up.

1 comment:

  1. The quilt is beautiful and I know your daughter will cherish it. I wish her a speedy recovery.